August photo contest winners!
Pygmy Nuthatches by Jim Moodie
How to enter the OBA September 2023 photo contest
- Entries are accepted between September 1 and September 14 at 5:00 pm.
- Photos must have been taken in Oregon.
- Photos must have been taken in July, August, or September 2023.
- To enter the contest, email one photo to contest administrator Ed McVicker at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the email the species name, location, and your name. Do not insert signature or text into/on photo.
- Photos must be wild birds listed on the Official Checklist of Oregon Birds or a new state bird likely to be admitted to the official list.
- Birds should not be in-hand or otherwise in a non-natural situation.
- Photos can be slightly edited (cropping and small lighting touch-ups)
Photo Contest Winners 2023
Photo Contest Winners 2022
Photo Contest Winners 2021
Photo Contest Winners 2020
Photo Contest Winners 2019
- Contest submissions must be of wild birds listed on the Official Checklist of Oregon Birds or a new state bird likely to be admitted to the official list.
- While minor editing to crop or adjust lighting are acceptable, photographs with major modifications to the subject or background, or photo montages, will be rejected by the contest moderator, whose decision is final.
- You do not need to be an OBA member to submit a photo in the contest.
- You do not need to be an OBA member to vote in the contest.
- Submission period for photos will be the first two weeks of every month, and must be received by our Contest Coordinator by 5 pm on the 14th day. Submitted photos will then be posted here for people to vote on.
- Once the voting is completed, the winning photo will be displayed as our website home-page image for the following month.
- When you submit a photo to the photo contest, you agree to allow OBA to display your photo on the OBA website.
- Photographers may only submit one photo per contest (monthly).
- Voters may only vote for one photo per contest (monthly).
- Photo must have been taken in Oregon and within the current month or two months prior (although we sometimes make exceptions to the date range rule for special, themed contests). For example, only photos from March, April, and May will be accepted for May’s contest.
- Please include the species name, location, date the photo was taken, and your name and email address.