Oregon Birding Association joint annual meeting with Washington Ornithological Society
September 17-19, 2021 in Astoria, OR
We are delighted to be able to offer an in-person OBA meeting this year in a beautiful part of the state and look forward to gathering together with birders from Oregon and Washington. For those who are unable to attend, we are working on a plan to stream the keynote and business meeting.
- A variety of full- and half-day field trips will be offered to destinations in both Oregon and Washington. Shorebirds will be a special focus as they migrate along the coast. Field trip specifics and registration details to come.
- Saturday evening’s keynote presentation will feature Dr. John Fitzpatrick, recently retired Director of the Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology.
- Friday evening’s program will be Dennis Paulson and his bird quiz, “Stump the Experts.”
- The OBA business meeting will be Saturday at 5pm before the dinner and keynote.
- Dinners will be offered both Friday and Saturday nights and can be paid for during registration.
Location and Accomodations
Conference headquarters will be at the Exposition Hall at the Clatsop County Fairgrounds. The Holiday Inn Express and Suites is setting aside a block of 50 rooms for our conference, and the Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel has reserved a block of 45 rooms.
COVID Vaccinations Required for Attendees
To protect the health and safety of our members and the broader community, WOS and OBA are requiring all conference attendees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Conference attendees will need to verify that they’ve been vaccinated before the start of the conference. Further details – including how conference attendees will verify they have been vaccinated – will be shared early this summer when registration begins.
Conference events will comply with all state and local government guidelines to protect the health and safety of participants. As the COVID situation has evolved, these guidelines have been changing, so final guidelines on issues such as mask-wearing, carpooling, social distancing and sharing of optics will be shared closer to the event start date.